Position/Title: Process (Development) Engineer
This individual shall work in the Production Engineering group and will be responsible for the support of various thin film operations. These responsibilities are focused on the support and development of existing or new processes.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- As part of the Production Engineering group, work to identify, develop and improve critical processes for use in existing and/or future products.
- Perform process development activities such as design of experiments, investigation of yield, process control, creation of process documentation and procedures.
- Requires the ability to organize data, draw correlations from complex process interactions and present results in a concise fashion.
- Collaborate with the production team on equipment generation, process transfer, process definition, and continuous improvement of existing product/processes.
- Support production lines on a daily basis to ensure continuous high yield production
- 2-5 years of hands on experience with thin film operation such as metal deposition, photolithography, etc.
- Experience in process development and control
- Experience with statistical software package such as SAS, JMP, Minitab etc.
- B.S. in Chemistry, Material Science or equivalent education required. M.S. Preferred
- Must be able to work independently and to demonstrate extremely high levels of precision and accuracy
- Must be able to work as a team member for larger projects
- Familiar with operation or troubleshooting thin film operation equipment
- Position requires working with chemicals and microscopes.